Georgia Bombers Baseball Club
Player / Parent Code of Conduct 2020-2021
(Policies and Expectations for Georgia Bombers Baseball Players & Parents)
- Represent your team and the Bombers organization in a positive manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Avoid situations that may lead to an unwanted outcome (eg, theft or property damage).
- Do not use tobacco products (Vaping, Cigarettes, Cigars), consume alcohol, or use illegal drugs.
- Do not use profanity on the field….PERIOD!!!
- Hair is to be cut and trimmed to satisfaction of head coach. No hair will be worn with bangs hanging out of front of hat. – -Facial hair allowed, as long as it is groomed in an acceptable manner as determined by your coach.
- Absolutely NO BACKWARDS HATS on the field, inside hitting facilities, or at any public team gatherings.
- Support the concept of “Team Comes First”.
- No throwing helmet or any other equipment at any time. If you throw a helmet…
First Offense: You will immediately be removed from the game even if it costs your team an out when your time comes up.
Second offense: will be suspended for a full game plus the game you were removed from.
Third offense: you will be suspended for a full tournament.
Fourth offense: you will be removed from the team.
- Attend every practice and game and communicate directly with the coach at earliest opportunity if you are going to miss a practice or game. While the Georgia Bombers Baseball Club provides flexibility concerning family needs, family or college trips, school functions, etc., it is expected that you are committed to our program and your team. Unexcused absences from practices and games may affect role on the team and could result in diminished participation, suspension and/or dismissal from the team.
- Do not get ejected from a game. If ejected, punishment is to be determined by head coach or program director. This could include up to a two game suspension, depending on the offense.
- Use social media responsibly (i.e. Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook, Twitter, Message Boards, etc.) and in such a manner that it does not reflect negatively on Georgia Bomber Baseball, its teams, coaches, and players. Inappropriate use is grounds for discipline.
- Commit to in and out-of-season strength and conditioning/flexibility programs to reduce the risk of injury and improve performance. Where you do it is not as important as making sure you do it somewhere.
- Complete commitment to the team/season before participating with a new team/season unless mutually agreed upon by both the head coach and the parent/player.
- If a player is suspended at school it must be reported to Aaron Alvarez or Wes Rynders immediately. Players will be supended from play with their Bombers team based on the severity of the offense.
- Represent your son, and yourself, in a positive manner. Display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Be fully committed to Georgia Bombers Baseball and the philosophy of the Bombers organization.
- Support the concept of “Team First”. No negative comments about players, coaches, or other parents at any time….especially in front of your player/children!
- Show respect to umpires/officials at all times. Remember you are representing your son, yourself and the Bombers organization.
- Do not approach coach directly about playing time issues. Coaches will not discuss playing time issues with parents. Players will be responsible for going directly to their coach with any playing time issues. If a meeting is requested pertaining to Playing Time, it should be attended by the Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Age Group Coordinators, (1) Parent and Player.
- Communicate with Head or Assistant Coach when going to miss a practice or a game for any reason. Significant time is invested by coaches in making practice and game plans. If one player/parent does not communicate it can cause an adjustment to either of these, which ultimately affects the team.
- Do not schedule family vacations during spring/summer season. Punishment for missing practices and/or games outside of school/church/or family emergency will lead to additional suspension in future games. This is the coach’s discretion and supported by the organization leaders.
- Do not approach coaches before or after a game about a problem or an issue. A meeting can be set up by phone or email 24 hours after tournaments/games. If any parent confronts a coach on the field of play or in front of the team/players:
First Offense: the parent will be suspended from practices and games for two weeks.
Second Offense: the parent will not be permitted to attend practices or games for the remainder of the season.
***This will be handed down by the organization leaders after speaking to coaches and witnesses deemed necessary.
- ALL dues and fees should be paid by May 1, 2021 unless worked out with the organizational leaders. Initial payments on budgets are due by September 1, 2020!!!
- Parents are responsible for paying tryout fee and the Bombers Bundle, no matter what point in the season they join the team.
- Absolutely NO REFUNDS will be given for players that leave team on their own. No refunds for apparel will be issued once uniforms have been ordered. Consideration may be given for cases involving family moves and player injuries. Playing time and player or parent unhappiness are not grounds for a refund. Team fees and instructional session fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- No refunds will be given on Bombers Lesson Package that is included in the Bombers Bundle. Lessons may transferred to another player, but no money will be refunded at anytime or for any reason.
- Coaches who do not represent the Bombers organization in a manner that is expected will be suspended from coaching and/or removed from the coaching staff.
Consequences for failing to adhere to these rules may result in disciplinary action to be determined by the program director(s) or head coach, which may include, but not be limited to, suspension or dismissal from the team. The program directors, Aaron Alvarez and/or Wes Rynders, or the head coach of your team has the right to add or limit disciplinary action at any time.